September 6, 2013

Going Naked...


Tackling a big one this time around ladies and gents. I figured I would come out of the gate w/ guns blazing (so to speak), and what better way to do that than to talk about one of the most controversial conversation in fashion…body image.

It cannot be denied, weight and fashion go hand in hand. You can’t have a conversation about what someone is wearing without the subsequent statement “her body looks amazing” or the polar opposite “It didn’t flatter her figure at all (and these are just the nice/politically correct versions).” We are constantly reminded to check our weight or that we have an undesirable shape and we are pressured to go under the knife so that we can be skinny. We are encouraged to invest in diet fads and weight loss challenges and told that only thin is in.

Ok so here is a bit of personal information, I am a solid size 12 (a size 14 on a bad day) so I straddle the plus size line by some standards. There is not a day that I don’t hear the harassing voice in my head screaming, “if only your thighs weren’t so big” and “curse these big arms…why can’t you just look more like the imaginary skinny you??” So what do I do about this? I go naked!!! That’s right I said NAKED. Whenever I feel over self conscious about the way that I look, I dare to bare. Now when I say naked I don’t literally mean that I strip down to my birthday suit (you guys can breathe now). Instead, when I feel some type of way about my body, I take the opportunity to celebrate it by show it off in some drastic way. This summer I had one of those self conscious moments and decided to say bump it, it’s time to get naked.

Wearing: Kenneth Cole swimsuit | Thrifted kimono | Target sunglasses








No comments :

Post a Comment